- ST. MARK WORSHIP SERVICES & EDUCATION CLASSES ARE CURRENTLY ON-LINE WITH ZOOM MEETINGS DUE TO THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC.
- DETAILS ARE ON THE HOME PAGE OF THE WEBSITE. WE WILL RESUME LIVE EVENTS WHEN IT IS SAFE TO DO SO.
ALL-AGE EDUCATION EXPERIENCE (A2E2)
"Necessity is the mother of invention, it is true, but its father is creativity, and knowledge is the midwife." -- Jonathan Schattke, scientist
The continued need for social distancing for the good of our community means that we invent some new and creative ways to continue our A2E2 now that the new program year has arrived. We understand that no one wants to be stuck staring at a screen trying to cram even more into their brains. So, here is our plan for the fall:
There will be three different education experiences offered each month:
- The 1st week of each month we will use the Synod’s Moving Forward in Hope and Promise series. Each session includes a video, and some follow up questions to consider as we continue to move forward “in hope and promise” through these previously uncharted waters of life in the midst of a pandemic.
- The 2nd and 4th week of each month we will use the breakout rooms to strengthen our relationships with each other as we start our second year of the Body of Christ theme: We are the Body of Christ – building our connections with each other. On these Sundays, we will breakout into zoom rooms and use starter questions to learn about each other while at the same time we practice sharing our stories and faith with each other.
- The 3rd week of each month we will continue our study of The Ology. a beginner's theology book to help people of all ages understand who God is and how we, as his children, relate to him. If you'd like to have a copy of the book it's available on several sites: https://www.betterworldbooks.com, https://www.christianbook.com, https://www.amazon.com/.
We are hoping to give birth to some healthy fun and growth as individuals, as children of God and as a faith community. The more people willing to participate the more we will learn about God, each other and ourselves. Have your coffee and donut ready to go and joint us after worship as we break out this fall.
Adult Bible Study
Sunday evenings, 7 - 8:30 PM, begins September 20 on-line with Zoom Meetings (info on the home page of the website). It's an informal discussion on books, themes or specific aspects of the Bible. We're starting with Stars Beneath Us: Finding God in the Evolving Cosmos by Paul Wallace, available on https://www.barnesandnoble.com/, https://www.thriftbooks.com/, https://www.amazon.com/.
A two year series of instruction in the basics of Christian & Lutheran faith is offered for middle school youth. Classes are currently on-line & led by Pastor Hoffman.