What does Property Committee do?
- Oversight of the Church Sexton’s activities
- Performing minor repairs when one of the committee members has the required skills
- Organizing spring and fall work days to care for church grounds & building
- Determining when capital equipment improvements or replacements are needed, & providing the Congregation Council recommendations & cost estimates
- Coordinating the selection of outside contractors to perform tasks beyond skills of Congregation members
- Coordinating the use of St. Mark facilities by community organizations
- Coordinating risk management & appropriate insurance coverage
The Committee has been extremely busy the last few years, in large part due to the generosity of the Congregation. Our biggest recent focus was on renovating the parsonage.
- Replaced the original wood windows (circa. 1938) in the parsonage (Figure 1)
- Updated the parsonage kitchen with new cabinetry, some of which also dated back to 1938 (Figure 2)
- Replaced the disintegrating rear walk-way (Figure 3)
- Restored the crumbling sun room foundation and replaced screens with combination windows (Figure 4)
- Coordinated painting of the entire parsonage interior by members of the congregation
- Created a laundry room on the first floor
Looking forward, the Committee has identified over $55,000 in capital projects that we would like to accomplish by 2021, beginning with the replacement of deteriorated cedar siding on the sanctuary and roof shingles above the sanctuary.